Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
The Corporate IT team provides infrastructure and support to empower the Assurance employees to be most productive. We use the latest and best IT hardware and software, and strive to innovate in all areas. Some of the functions served by the Corporate IT Team include: Azure Active Directory and Exchange maintenance, employee hardware and software setup and troubleshooting, inventory procurement & management, network planning, built and maintenance, hardware and software testing and deployment, process automation, etc.
This position is responsible for all aspects of systems administration, including networking, server administration, Exchange/Office 365, desktop applications, and UPS systems. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and development of specialized system procedures, documentation, and project management. Carry out system administration functions independently, with a sound understanding of the interactions between hardware, operating system software and network operations and the design and administrative requirements to ensure an efficient, reliable, secure infrastructure. In addition, the IT Engineer may assist junior team members with tasks, mentoring and training.
What you bring to the team:
- You have 5+ years of experience supporting the IT needs of an enterprise
- Strong background in Exchange/ Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Proficiency in one or more high-level scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- Advanced understanding of DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP and other common network protocols
- Experience designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations to include exposure to Aruba, Cisco and Ubiquiti routers & switches, Sophos Internet firewalls, and wireless technology and how they tie to production environments for service delivery
- Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment amongst geographically dispersed teams
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures accurately
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good customer interaction skills including listening, writing, and speaking. Ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong team player with ability to brainstorm solutions in a group setting
- Experience with common configuration management solutions
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience driving large, cross-organization initiatives
- Ability to mentor others to grow their skills
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.