Development Support Engineer at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:27 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover.com is looking for a support engineer to grow our development support team. This will involve working with other support team members to investigate incoming issues and ensure compliance with support SLA’s from the tech team. This individual will work with our Technology, Product Management, and Customer Experience teams to improve enhance our web application, identify pain points, and document functionality. This is an ideal position for an technical minded customer focussed individual familiar with large-scale consumer web sites and apps.
- Handle initial triage of new tickets and issue reports and identify the appropriate team to resolve issue.
- Answer questions on product functionality and work with non technical teams to document frequent questions.
- Evangelize the support platform among the various teams in the company. Drive buy in, utilization, and consolidate support channels.
- Support live site incident response and coordination
- 2+ years as a developer support engineer or technical support desk experience
- Should be able to interpret code and be comfortable working in a shell and/or REPL to determine the chain of events that caused a state.
- Exceptional communication skills. Able to translate code functionality into documentation for non technical team members.
- Strong debugging skills, bonus for experience in Python.
- Familiarity debugging iOS and Android applications to identify issues.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize workload.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description