Helpdesk Contractor at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is looking for a Technical Support Specialist Contractor to join our Helpdesk team for the next 6 months. This team supports our 400+ machine desktop, mobile, warehouse and call center computing environments in Kent, Seattle and a handful of locations across the globe. We utilize popular computing platforms including Windows, Linux, and Macs. The team works closely with a variety of technical and non-technical business groups within the organization, providing end-user support and solutions to help them complete their projects. The successful candidate will be able to understand and analyze complex problems in order to implement robust and maintainable solutions.
The successful candidate will have strong problem solving skills, enthusiasm for learning new technologies, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Come make your mark at a small company where you have the opportunity to make a difference and drive those projects to successful completion. This role will be based 50% of the time in our Kent location & 50% of the time in our Seattle location.
- Support our desktop and mobile computing environments; software and hardware
- Support multiple locations in Seattle, Kent and remote locations in Europe and Asia
- Manage deployments of new systems and software, automated patch and software management systems
- Work directly with business users to define requirements and deliver projects
- Two or more years of previous technical support experience is ideal
- Innate ability to solve problems and the curiosity to dig until answers are determined
- Strong communication skills; ability to talk to customers with varying levels of technology skill, ability to provide training 1:1 and to groups
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Mac hardware and software, iOS and Android platforms, security tools and infrastructure
- Basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS) and core services such as Active Directory
- A vehicle to allow the in-person support of our locations in South Seattle and Kent in person