Information Security and Compliance Specialist at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is redefining how the world manages and tracks work, serving over 95,000 customers across more than 190 countries. Trust is one of our core values, and as an organization, we execute that core value by maintaining and innovating on systems, processes and programs that secure our customers’ data. We are currently looking for a Information Security and Compliance Specialist to join our growing security team. In this position you will be working on improving our internal processes in alignment with various industry standards with emphasis on detail. We’re looking for motivated, passionate individual who will iterate on improving both the existing and future of Smartsheet.
This position reports to the Director, Compliance and Corporate Security and is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Promote the adoption of secure cloud practices and techniques for Smartsheet’s Government offering by coordinating a standardized approach to information security and compliance for the Government environment
- Coordinate vulnerability management activities including scanning, risk analysis and remediation efforts for identified security vulnerabilities
- Support information security incident response activities
- Coordinate audit activities, including testing, documentation, self-assessments, and remediation activities
- Update and maintain internal and externally facing security documentation including security compliance findings, issues and risks
- Facilitate third party attestations, audits, and certification efforts for the organization
- Ideate and implement information security tools
- Deliver ongoing compliance and privacy training to the workforce to ensure compliance and privacy awareness
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of IT processes and infrastructure including security principles
- Evaluating risk and communicating that risk in a fact-based manner
- Fluency in IT auditing and controls, preferable with the following: SOX, SSAE 16 - SOC 1 & SOC 2, PCI compliance, NIST, DIACAP, FedRAMP, ISO 27001 & ISO 27002
- Strong bias toward action, while flexible and resourceful
- Cloud and/or SaaS experience preferred
- Understanding of information security and security governance, risk and compliance frameworks, methodologies and practices
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.