IT Change Control Manager at Chewy
We are seeking an IT Change Control Manager with experience in Enterprise IT Change Management to lead our IT Change Control operations at Chewy. The IT Change Control Manager plays a vital role in defining and managing the IT Change Management process across the organization. As the IT Change Control Manager, you will ensure Changes are appropriately and accurately logged, reviewed, and approved, while maintaining and enforcing the processes and procedures that govern IT Change Management. This role will drive communication, and planning across Leadership, Project, Business, Compliance, and Technical teams and compliance.
What you will do:
- Manage and coordinate all activities necessary to control, track and audit Changes in the environment.
- Monitor all departments for compliance with Change Management policies and procedures, and provide staff instruction, as required to maintain compliance.
- Be a leader for the Change Management function at Chewy. Co-ordinate, develop, update, and maintain Change Management processes/procedures used across the organization.
- Chair the Change Advisory Board. Conduct regularly scheduled and emergency meetings.
- Conduct Change impact and readiness assessments, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of all Change activities.
- Proactively analyze, manage, and oversee all Changes from inception through implementation.
- Review Changes for quality and collision - scorecard defects with an eye towards spotting trends and recommending/implementing process improvements to continually drive for 100% success of Changes.
- Drive the reduction on the number of Urgent Changes due to lack of planning.
- Develop and distribute reports and visual dashboards related to all Change activities. Establish KPIs and measure the effectiveness of all Changes implemented.
- Work closely with IT Compliance, internal and external audit teams to ensure control designs support Chewy’s compliance initiatives.
- Maintain obtainable targets such as success, efficiency and incident rates related to Change.
- Drive faster adoption of IT Change Control across the organization.
- Act as the point of reference for questions, problems, suggestions about the Change management system, then adapt as required, Education, Process, Procedure, Tooling, etc.
- Work closely with QA and Release Management teams to coordinate and manage Change Requests through all phases of their lifecycle.
- Provide leadership for complex Changes and release coordination for major releases.
- Provide Change Management procedure, tool training, and ongoing education, as necessary.
- Position may require some travel.
What you will need:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Change Management.
- ITILv3 Foundations (or higher) certification
- Experience with CI/CD and change Automation integrating other tools (Jira/Confluence) into ServiceNow via API’s.
- Experience using the Change Management module in ServiceNow.
- Experience leveraging CMDB into Change Management Procedures
- Experience with SOX and PCI compliance as it relates to Change Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively amongst IT technical teams, IT leadership, and Business stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Prior experience working in IT Operations, Infrastructure, and/or Software Development.
- Strong business acumen and communication (oral & written) skills.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Dev Ops concepts
- Experience building Change Control workflows in a Service Management tool.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]