Network Engineer at Qualtrics
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management to collect and analyze feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can continually assess the quality of their four core experiences—customers, employees, products, and brands. They can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate most with customers and employees.The Challenge
Our Network Operations team is rapidly growing as Qualtrics continues to grow. You are someone who is fearless, loves the challenges that come with scaling rapidly, holds a high bar for quality and has an obsession to deliver that quality to his/her users. This position can be based in either our Provo, UT or Seattle, WA offices.Expectations for Success
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/IS or related
- 2+ years of networking experience
- Maintains in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards and best practices in basic networking: Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NTP, SNMP, IPSec, NAT, DNS, DHCP, NetFlow, Security, Datacenter networking, and Circuit Design
- Working knowledge of Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Solid grasp of next-generation firewall concepts and security best practices
- Solid grasp of Load Balancing concepts and methodologies
- Excellent documentation skills including experience creating and maintaining network diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work well independently and with a team
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus 9K/ASR or Juniper EX line a plus
- Detailed understanding of F5 configuration and iRules a plus
- Experience programming in Python is a plus
- Experience working with AWS is a plus
- Experience working with Ansible is a plus
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of Qualtrics’ production datacenter networks including CDN, edge routers, firewalls, load balancers, core routing/switching, and DNS.
- Monitor and ensure network performance, resource utilization, and system availability/reliability
- Continuously improve the security landscape through implementation and maintenance of various security measures
- Maintain BGP peering between Qualtrics and multiple peering providers
- Create and maintain complex network diagrams
- Perform software updates in order to maintain the security posture required to pass multiple industry certifications (e.g. FedRamp/ISO)
- Manage and expand a globally-interconnected network utilizing private VPLS circuits and IPSec VPN’s
- Automate Network Deployment and utilize Network Configuration Management tools to ensure security, availability, and usability of Qualtrics’ network infrastructure
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.