Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Network Operations Engineer with strong technical skills and an ability to dig into details to identify opportunities and solutions to root cause issues. This person will provide 24/7 network monitoring and support for mission critical services related to our gateway, carrier, and API business. We're seeking curious, organized, and reliable contributors that are hungry to improve and grow the resiliency of the systems, network, and monitoring infrastructure.
This person is adept at building and utilizing a variety of tools to solve problems and is resourceful in finding the most client-focused solutions. We're looking for candidates who are seeking to grow and develop along with the company.
What's the job really?
- Proactively monitor Zipwhip message deliverability, carrier/gateway connections, and other network telemetry
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting using packet capture tools to perform root cause analysis
- Develop and improve network monitoring including alert thresholds, baseline establishment, and trend analysis
- Develop tools to automate manual NOC processes and improve overall efficiency in issue resolution
- Triage support tickets via email, phone, and ticketing system
- Respond to system alarms/alerts in a timely fashion and troubleshoot and escalate as required
- System administration of network management systems for fault and performance event alerting
- Manage short and long-term trouble tickets, providing regular updates to external customers and internal stakeholders until issue resolution
- Perform ongoing maintenance of servers and network devices during maintenance windows
- Create and maintain technical playbooks of procedures and processes
What you bring to the table:
- Availability to work any shift in a 24/7/365 environment
- Position requires flexibility in work schedule weekend, swing, and night shifts
- Positive attitude and ability to communicate with a wide array of stakeholders
- Solid technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an analytic focus
- Packet-level troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, pcap, Fiddler
- Experience managing Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience administering monitoring tools such as Nagios, Logic Monitor, PRTG, Zabbix, Solarwinds
- A solid understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SNMP, Netflows)
- Scripting experience in Python, Go, Bash a big plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Azure/AWS plus
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, located across the street from Safeco Field
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.