Senior Business Systems Analyst at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for a top-notch business systems analyst to bring in their ideas and experience to help us continue our rapid growth. You will perform detailed business requirements gathering and analysis, prepare documentation, operational activities in multiple Zipwhip applications (internal & external), and testing activities. This truly cross-functional position will support Product, Engineering, Sales, Support, Customer Success, Marketing, and Finance teams in meeting objectives, creating and maintaining deliverables, ad hoc data analysis, understanding data, and testing support.
In order to be successful, the incumbent will need to exhibit keen attention to detail while remaining aware of broader Zipwhip objectives. Additionally, the role will require strong analytical acumen, an ability to prioritize multiple timelines and competing goals and excellent documentation skills.
What's the job really?
- Deep understanding of how key business requirements can be surfaced and communicated to appropriate audiences
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business requirements, use cases, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into consumable details.
- Drive and prioritize internal and external reporting requirements based on department needs and business KPI's
- Develop, maintain and perform processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications
- Coordinate work between internal departments and data engineering teams to define and develop key reports
- Create and maintain functional team deliverables, including ensuring cross-functional documentation consistency and facilitating deliverable review
- Provide cross functional understanding of data, support in validation of data loads and perform training as needed
- Build effective working relationships with project team members and key stakeholders, including the technical and business audiences
What you bring to the table:
- Strong business focus and the ability to weigh technical alternatives, must be able to facilitate problem solving and issue resolution
- 7+ years relevant business analyst experience
- Ability to work with data tools such as SQL and Microsoft Power BI
- Expertise with various analysis and documentation tools such as workflow/systems diagramming tools, spreadsheets, and presentation applications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a cooperative effort
- Strong customer focus and excellence in relationship management with key partners
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve, especially in bringing order from chaos
- Experience acting as a collaborative and supportive member of a team to accomplish project goals
- Ability to deal with trade-offs, conflict, and change management in a collaborative and positive manner
- Ability to communicate clearly, in writing and orally, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing and conducting test scenarios
- Experience in telecommunications, specifically with SMS/MMS highly desirable
- Experience with Salesforce Einstein analytics and Einstein Discovery highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field preferred
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.