Senior Program Manager, Technology
Senior Program Manager Job Duties:
- Planning, coordination, execution, communications and delivery of multiple concurrent projects with the business and engineering teams.
- Proactively identify dependencies and issues between teams and work to resolve them including the prioritization of work to be executed.
- Facilitate discussions and manage relationships with various technology and business stakeholders.
- Track project scope changes, delivery timing and key project metrics.
- Communicate project progress, changes and risks across the entire organization including the senior leadership team.
- Have fun with the teams you work with and work as a team to better each other.
Required Abilities and Achievements
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience
- 4 years experience in IT project management; Big four / consulting background is a plus
- Knowledge and experience delivering projects within IT operations including IT systems, and infrastructure
- Familiarity with waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Ability to build strong rapport with stakeholders to influence desired outcome
- Leadership qualities; ability to interface with cross-functional teams such as Finance, Engineering and Operations
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.