Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As part of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you are focused on building infrastructure, networks, and automation systems in the cloud that contribute to our customers' peace of mind by providing guarantees of security and availability for all Remitly applications. You provide a high level of service to all Remitly developers, and help them quickly learn and iterate by improving the observability of our infrastructure systems. You report to the Engineering Manager of Infrastructure and Corporate Systems, and you work with all other teams, but especially Security, Corporate Systems, and the Developer Experience teams.
- You build and drive adoption of infrastructure tools and systems that are forward-thinking, are well-instrumented and well-documented.
- You build cloud infrastructure that is secure, reliable, highly available, and cost efficient.
- You evaluate and promote new technologies for adoption across the team and all of Remitly Engineering.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Experience building scalable Infrastructure on a major public cloud vendor (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Experience running modern containerization platform in Production (Kubernetes, Istio, and supporting tooling)
- Scripting/programming knowledge. We bring value through automating Infrastructure management, and experience with Software Development will be a very useful skill to have on this role.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer