Senior Systems Engineer
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with a solid technical background combined with excellent customer service skills.
A successful candidate will design, plan, and implement various SaaS and on-prem technologies delivering reliable, scalable systems and achieving operational excellence. This role will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure and will be located at Smartsheet’s office in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the planning and deployment of critical Saas and on-prem infrastructure for Corporate IT.
- Administration, maintenance, and support of various IaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Administration, maintenance, and support of Windows and Linux Server environments.
- Administration, maintenance, and support of Windows and Mac Desktop Engineering.
- Support the existing SaaS products as its user base and functionality grows.
- Provide escalated systems support for Service Desk, problem resolution, and mentoring across the Corporate IT team.
- Conduct in-depth technical investigations to determine root cause.
- Evaluate and monitor usage to ensure capacity is meeting growth requirements.
- Partner with the compliance/security team to prevent, detect, and investigate suspicious activity.
- Rotating escalation support to our on-call staff of our corporate infrastructure.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of work experience in a production Windows and Linux environment working as a systems engineer
- Excellent customer service skills and passion to learn and understand technology
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of OKTA or other SSO products
- Proficiency with AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with SOX or other compliance (HIPAA or PCI)
- Proficiency with Powershell or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with internet protocols, network firewalls, routing, switching, and VPN
- Foundational knowledge of ITIL concepts and frameworks required.
- Puppet exposure (preferred)
- Must possess the ability to work an occasional evening, holiday, or weekend
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis