Senior Systems Engineer at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:48 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As a Senior System Engineer of Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. As the senior member of the IT Systems team, you will play a critical role in managing systems for our entire company.
- Technical oversight and management of the IT systems group including Identity (Okta), Endpoint management (JAMF & InTune), Network (Cisco Meraki) and Collaboration (Zoom).
- Identifying opportunities for system optimization, redesign, or process improvement.
- Managing the portfolio and associated projects related to IT systems.
- Building a strong technical culture around our systems that emphasizes technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences
- Partnering with business stakeholders as part of IT leadership, provide strategic vision for new and supported systems, and create system roadmaps and business processes.
- Providing system administrative support across systems as needed.
- Addressing the various needs, concerns, expectations of stakeholder groups in planning and executing projects, meeting project requirements and creating project deliverables
- Experience with agile project methodology such as short-cycle sprint planning and scrum.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in IT
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vendor oversight and management
- Balancing competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risks in order to accommodate the needs of each user/customer
- Deep subject matter expertise with at least 3 of the following systems/applications: G Suite, Okta, Jamf, InTune, Cisco Meraki, Office 365, Azure AD, Zoom, Slack, Jira, AWS
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex systems to business team members
- Experience setting up ongoing procedures for collection and review of pertinent information for the management/monitoring of projects
- Change management and incident response experience
- SOX controls and audit experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!