Software Support Technician - Tier I
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.bartendersoftware.com.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a strong team player who appreciates excellence, who is passionate about their work and fair in their interactions with people. Even though it is free, we consider our technical support to be a vital part of the product we sell, and we want it to be the best. You are a self-motivated, hardworking professional who is dedicated to outstanding customer support, and are eager to learn new technical skills to make a real difference in a growing, international company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be helping customers by phone, e-mail, and chat with our BarTender software and printer drivers. This will include highly technical issues relating to our Enterprise software and third-party applications. You will:
- Be the first point of contact with customers over email, chat, and phone
- Provide support to customers by identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues
- Escalate issues to higher support tiers as needed
- Research and answer miscellaneous questions about software capabilities from resellers and end users
- Identify and record details about support tickets and contribute to the documentation and the Knowledge Base
- Above all, provide a World-Class customer experience
You will learn more about the following topics while you work:
- Database connectivity (ODBC, OLEDB, XML, IDOC, etc.)
- Integrating our product with other applications (using.NET, Visual Basic, C#, VB Script, ASP.NET, etc.)
- XML Scripting
- TCP/IP & UDP communication (Client/Server)
- Thermal printing technology
- Card printing technology
- Radio frequency (RFID) tag encoding
- Barcode technology
- Virtual PCs & Servers
In addition to your everyday duties, you will also have the opportunity to exercise "out of the box" thinking of taking on special tasks and projects, such as designing workflow procedures, product documentation, software testing, and even programming. You will also work closely with other departments, including Engineering, IT, QA and Sales. Since our technicians are the first line of communication with our customers, you will also play a vital role in suggesting improvements to our product.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak clear English and communicate effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Ability to successfully collaborate in teams and interact with different departments
- Problem-solving ability and active listening skills
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new software
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position
- At this time, we are not offering relocation packages
- Ability to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities—anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.