We are seeking customer obsessed individuals with deep technology support and customer facing expertise to provide differentiated support services for the Outreach Platform.
As a member of the Technical Support Engineering Team, you are the face of Outreach and not just understand, but own that you are the voice of the customer. As the front line who talks to more customers than anyone else in the company, you’re driven to recognize patterns and champion results - whether they be process updates, product investments or training for you and your own team. But every pattern begins with one conversation - and you have the commitment, empathy, urgency and expertise to meet every call with the respect the customer deserves.
You understand sales, you’re technical, communicate clearly, are driven for those around you (customers, peers, yourself) to excel and are ready to have a lot of fun in the process.
About The Team
When the question is asked, “what kind of company are you?” our answer will always be, “we are a success company - we are here to make our customers successful.” The Customer Success team is at the core of Outreach. We focus on driving real business impact for customers, not just supporting the technical specs of our product. We're one of the largest teams at Outreach and we work to connect cross-functional stakeholders from product, marketing, and even engineering with customers. The ownership is tangible on this team - our customers' pain is our pain and their win is our win.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Identifying how best to solve a customer root cause issue (versus the question they asked) and set them up well for the next 3 questions they didn’t know to ask
- Exercising your educational bent - knowing how to direct and teach a customer
- Identifying and elevating trends for Support leadership, Engineering and Product to prioritize investment
- Flexing your curiosity to ensure you understand and can champion, not just the technical solution, but the correct application to a workflow
- Working closely with peers to create and share knowledge
- Leading by example in delivery of the industry’s best customer support experience
- Flexibility and acumen in meeting and surpassing customer needs no matter how they contact us - via chat, email or phone.
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical support, system implementation/administration experience; voice / network and CRM acumen
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- AND/ OR Sales experience/ industry acumen with great/ demonstrable technical bent
- Go-getter: You’re eager, resourceful, and put your problem solving skills to the test
- Tech Savvy: You utilize the latest tools to make your work as efficient as possible. You have a natural curiosity for the tech industry, and want to be part of a high energy and passionate team about to make history
- SFDC admin/ CRM admin acumen if not formal certification
- Quick: Energetic is your baseline and you’re a fast learner. You love to figure out puzzles and take pride in your work
- Owner: You take control of escalated customer issues from front line support staff and see problems through to resolution
- Team Player: You strive for greatness, and know that teamwork is the way to get there. You’re a natural leader, and see yourself growing as our team expands
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
- SaaS product support and enterprise customer support experience
- Exchange knowledge like the back of your hand
- Voice/ networking expertise
You have experience with the technologies we use, including...
- Salesforce/ Dynamics
- Monitoring/ logging tools such as Kibana, DataDog
- VOIP experience
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status