Technical Support Specialist at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
The Customer Support team is seeking a Technical Support Specialist with experience working in a technically oriented, fast-paced service position. Strong candidates will have a track record in providing the highest level of customer service while dealing with highly technical issues. To be successful in this role and have a positive impact across Zipwhip, you will need to pay close attention to details, follow adaptive troubleshooting methodologies, have a consistent track record achieving excellence in individual and team level KPIs, and relevant experience carrying the team and company-wide projects. We are looking for someone with a sense of adventure and a willingness to jump into the thick of things.
What you’ll be working on:
- Handle escalated issues from Tier 1 Customer Support Specialists who have completed initial triage and troubleshooting and provide feedback on resolution steps taken for Tier 1 team.
- Research and resolve complex product and technical problems, utilizing Zipwhip’s CRM and other tools.
- Triage and troubleshoot technical problems related to message delivery, operating systems, wireless carriers, mobile apps (iOS and Android), install/setup, and integrations with third-party products.
- Accurately create and manage support cases with categorization to help drive critical customer, product, and escalation analytics used by cross-functional departments and senior leadership.
- Consistently meet daily / weekly KPIs and customer quality goals.
- Be a strong team player willing to help team and department peers.
- Reliable attendance. Consistent attendance is super important on our team! We believe in, and advocate, work-life balance.
- Seek out opportunities and contribute to workflow process improvements with constructive suggestions and forward-thinking plans.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams (sales, billing, operations) to support business development efforts for both small, medium, and enterprise accounts.
- Serve as the customer experience ambassador when collaborating with other departments on new initiatives and projects.
- Build customer loyalty by building rapport with customers and help resolve business, technical and billing issues.
- Advocate for excellence in every aspect.
- Flexibility! With the current events of COVID and the general needs of a fast-paced, growing company flexibility is paramount! The ability to work from home or in an office environment, adjust break and lunchtimes for coverage, or to work a staggered work schedule which may include working on-call during off-hours, weekends, or holidays.
The skills you’ll need:
- +3 years of experience in a technical support/helpdesk role troubleshooting Windows or Mac environments (or equivalent).
- Familiarity with wireless networks, mobile devices preferred.
- High technical proficiency and excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Clear and effective verbal and written skills. The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers in an efficient way.
- Demonstrate a customer-centric mindset.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve technical problems and provide effective solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organization and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, proactive at identifying and resolving issues, self-motivated, and resourceful.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce), a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to advocate improvements as a Voice of the Customer ambassador.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO.
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga.
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO.
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.