Tier 3 Support Escalation Engineer
Smartsheet is looking for a Tier 3 Support Escalation Engineer who will be responsible for tackling highly technical and escalated cases from the Support team. They will be required to thoroughly research, reproduce, and provide necessary documentation to escalate to our Service Reliability Engineering and/or Development teams. This critical to success role will help resolve our most complex technical issues.
Tier 3 Escalation Engineers will be the SMEs (subject matter experts) on the Support team for the Core and Premium Smartsheet application, the Smartsheet API, and our various apps & integrations. This is a highly technical role that requires a heightened sense of urgency, ability to follow processes and deal with ambiguity when new scenarios arise, and recognize critical situations and engage the right right resources to resolve.Successful individuals in this role will enjoy researching and documenting known workarounds as well as reproducing issues. This position requires a highly motivated individual who operates independently and thrives on solving Smartsheet’s toughest problems for our customers.
This role will report to the Manager, Global Support Escalations and can work remotely, or in our Bellevue or Boston offices.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on the Smartsheet core and Premium application, API, and various apps & integrations.
- Handle escalated cases from the Support team with a high sense of urgency, ownership and follow through.
- Support customers via email and phone with strong writing skills and excellent phone manner.
- Thoroughly understand, research, reproduce, and solve technical issues.
- Work with others on the Services (Success and Consulting), Site Reliability Engineering, and Development teams to escalate and resolve issues, as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the Smartsheet application, API, and our various apps and integrations.
- Assist in developing simple automation scripts and automation libraries for use by customers and integrators.
- Identify process gaps or inefficiencies and help build tools and scripts to fill them.
- Act as Primary Communication Point of Contact during SIEs with updates to status page and internal communication channels.
We are looking for team players - driven self-self starters that are proactive and effective problem solvers, able to execute with little supervision. 24/7 on-call rotations will be required of this role (usually every 4 weeks).
An ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- A firm grasp of and comfort using cloud applications
- General expertise in RESTful APIs and ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical integration scenarios and architectural concepts
- Desire and aptitude to quickly ramp up on new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Confidence and strong interest in problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills and prior customer-facing experience
- Aptitude for and interest in software development and Agile approach
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, CompSci or Engineering degree a plus
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.