Cyber Security Analyst at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
In the role of a Cyber Security Analyst, you will serve as technical liaison between developers and non-technical stakeholders. You will review and enforce security best practices and ensure that use of our products falls within the terms of service. Your day to day will consist of answering queries and tickets regarding questions of security best practice, including proactive review of security cases and coordination between disparate teams such as Dev, Customer Success, Sales, and Legal. Additionally, you will serve as liaison between PitchBook Product and the larger Morningstar organization. Outside of these responsibilities, there will be opportunity to be involved and help define broader security strategy.
You will join a fast paced team that is fully integrated into the Product function. The team consists of data scientists, developers, and devops personnel who historically have focused on internal tools. This role will live adjacent to this work and be primarily focused on the PitchBook platform and other customer-facing software.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Own InfoSec policies at PitchBook. Continuously identify best practices, compile documentation, and drive implementation
- Be a resource for clients, sales and CS for all security related questions, conversations and terms negotiations
- Manage and improve systems that prevent fraud, crawling of our product, and password sharing
- Ensure reported issues are resolved quickly and permanently, coordinate communication and run point with offshore dev team, identify larger trends in reliability before they become recurring tech debt issues
- Communicate and report out on reliability issues and overall health across the company
- Experience in a security or product ownership role and familiarity with software and systems
- Familiarity with security best practices, compliance standards, and fraud detection
- Understand how to identify bugs in software products and communicate reproduction steps
- You think the details matter and are a self-starter that can handle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills
- You are an excellent communicator. You can effectively read the situation and adjust your communication style to the audience regardless of technical level
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Capable of recognizing areas of improvement and owning initiatives to address
- Strong academic performance of critical thinking/analytical discipline or demonstrated ability
- At least 1-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience
- Have driven multiple compliance audits to completion
- Built or implemented a fraud detection service
- Administered or built from the ground up, a bug reporting/resolution workflow