Director of Product and Customer Marketing
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
PitchBook is in high growth mode and as a result, we’re expanding our marketing leadership team.
This management role will manage a team of 8 product and customer marketers focused on serving our Sales, Customer Support, and Product Management teams. The role will focus on growing our team of product marketers to continue to improve our sales enablement and product launch support. In addition, the role will help build out a new team focused on expanding our business with existing customers, building onboarding programs to create an even better first experience with PitchBook, and retention programs to help make sure our customers are getting the most from PitchBook.
Impact measured from the role and team includes increasing scheduled demo to close conversion rates, reducing time to close for new business, and increasing retention and renewal rates.
This role will be working closely with Sales and Customer success to arm teams with competitive insights, sales materials, and programs to improve key metrics outlined. You need to be data driven, understand and have extensive experience supporting sales teams, comfortable working with/interviewing customers to build messaging and positioning frameworks, and leading teams to develop strong content. Previous management experience is required.
- Lead the team to develop strategy and messaging frameworks that drive sales enablement programs, the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the key drivers behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Understand and support our Sales and Customer Success teams. Train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Define and build our market intelligence practice—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Collaborate with product management and the extended marketing team (PR, Events, Demand Gen, Content Team) to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas
- Assess the effectiveness of the product and customer marketing programs that support PitchBook on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Must be able to develop a deep understanding of the PitchBook client base, and specifically the private financial markets and a deep understanding of the PitchBook product and it's use cases
- Ability to set strategic vision for the team, manage and coach a team of high performers, and define and communicate priorities
- Must have experience creating segment-based marketing strategy and programs targeted to different customer segments, delivering clear outcomes and a call to action
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer
- Familiar with sales and marketing tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, HighSpot, Outreach.io, Google Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred
- This is a senior management role requiring excellent people and management skills to interact with senior leadership, team members, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.