Director, Product - Customer Development at Chewy
Chewy is hiring a Director, Product for our Customer Development within our Mobile App organization. This role will sit in our brand new Seattle area office. The NMA team’s mandate is to deliver compelling end-to-end experiences that grow and deepen relationships with pet parents and increase their engagement with the Chewy iOS and Android apps. As a product leader, you will create new strategies and unique goals for our mobile app, as well as leverage existing work with our marketing and merchandizing teams. This role will specifically lead the team responsible for product-led experiences that lead to customer acquisition, conversion/activation, retention, and upsell/x-sell.
To be successful in this role, you are analytical and passionate about accelerating time to drive results for our mobile app. You are also a thought leader, and will partner and collaborate with our tech teams to drive big ideas. We are looking for someone who wants to transform Chewy with big swings, ready to fail fast and innovate while continually keeping the end user in focus. You will be involved in high-impact decisions and initiatives undertaken by the company, giving you a front row seat to shape Chewy’s growth and connect with pet parents. We are seeking an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. Finally, you will have demonstrated flexibility and willingness to roll up your sleeves to lead your team through ever changing priorities and interesting challenges. A start-up mentality is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Owning development and communicating the long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Influencing investment choices that will provide long-term innovation for the user
- Guiding cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Communicating product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; developing intake processes for feature enhancement suggestions
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of Product Experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Owning the test-and-learn roadmap to inform the product portfolio
- Working in a culture of experimentation, learning, and innovation in order to solve user needs within the domain
- Needs to be highly effective in building an outstanding customer journeys and associated CX by navigating use cases from ecommerce, supply chain, logistics, direct marketing, multi-channel partnerships, etc.
- Comfortable in a large scale multi-channel environment and expert in all customer care processes and reengineering them on an ongoing basis
- 3+ years experience managing people leaders
- A leader that can attract and build a team of PMs for their organization
- Position may require travel