Director of Product Management, Enterprise
Smartsheet is already beloved by customers around the world for empowering people to improve how they work. We are looking for a passionate Product Management leader to help usher in our next major phase of growth by giving Enterprise IT the tools they need to adopt and manage Smartsheet at massive scale, and to leverage Smartsheet as a strategic asset for work management across the Enterprise.
Do you deeply understand the needs of Enterprises managing tens of thousands of users? Are you excited about delivering capabilities that allow Enterprises to empower their users and meet corporate governance needs? Are you excited to make Smartsheet a tool that CIO’s use to manage their entire enterprise and have true insight into what’s going on? If so, we want to hear from you!
This is a critical, high visibility role with significant business impact. Your chief responsibility is to build, plan and execute our Enterprise strategy. We are looking for someone to deeply understand the needs of Enterprise customers - both Enterprise organizational leaders, IT Leadership and Governance teams. You will build and execute a strategy that puts Smartsheet at the center of the conversation about strategic work management, and eliminates any roadblocks that get in the way of mass adoption.
Leading a team of Product Managers, you will identify, prioritize, define, and deliver full-stack product enhancements - from Active Directory Integration, to Governance features, to defining our Enterprise tier product strategy.
This is a vital role in a collaborative environment. Your success will be measured on improvements to critical success metrics, user engagement and happiness, your ability to drive projects from concept through completion, and your skills working with customers and colleagues. You will act as a team leader, and your ability to attract and retain top talent, and build a work environment where people flourish and do great work is a key component of the role.
- Deeply understand the needs of your customers and the marketplace to build great product market fit.
- Create a compelling vision for your portfolio of features, break down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute
- Assess opportunity, project feasibility, approach, scope
- Define detailed product requirements
- Manage ongoing trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance
- Drive project through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch
- Analyze market and competitive trends to inform new recommendations
- Manage a team of Product Managers, ensuring they have clear goals and responsibilities. Provide coaching and guidance to help them excel, and constructive feedback where necessary. Build a work environment that draws people to the team.
We are looking for great teammates who are driven, dedicated, passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision. Preferably, you will have:
- 8+ years experience as a product manager for a software product, B2B or B2C cloud experience strongly preferred
- 4+ years experience as a people manager
- Experience in Enterprise software development.
- Familiarity with IT Governance and Readiness Concerns
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration
- Entrepreneurial, startup attitude, plus passionate drive and extraordinary ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives
- Passion for web-based business software
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical concepts
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.