We are looking for an innovator, a person comfortable defining and building new products. Someone to:
- Lead the ideation, feature definition and work with the development teams to launch innovative products for the Axon Evidence.com, product family which includes our SaaS and mobile products. This includes managing the team that creates all MRD’s and PRD’s.
- Take full responsibility for the products, features, and release cycle by managing short- and long-term roadmaps.
- Spend time with our users (remotely and in the field) to inform our roadmap and ensure what we’re building is based heavily on VOC.
As the Director of DEMS product management, we expect you will:
- Manage your team in the writing of well-articulated and clear business cases with associated product stories for what the teams are building or proposing to build. MRD’s and PRD’s and one pagers.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team and the customer support team and the PSO teams. Your success depends on a close relationship and one of mutual respect with the sales team .
- Maintain prioritized, comprehensive, and up-to-date product requirements.
- Create a strong end to end working team that executes quickly and has a shared vision of success
- Deliver roadmap presentations and software demos to customers, prospects, and internal audiences.
- Present the status of the products broadly across the organization on a weekly basis, while exhibiting command of the details.
- Be an authority on the market, competition, our customers, the technology, and our products.
- Establish and meet hiring goals for DEMS
- Provide feedback on career growth and areas for development to direct reports via weekly one-on-one meetings.
- Define and analyze metrics that ensure success
- Work with the individual product owners to ruthlessly prioritize what the individual teams work on to ensure the success of the product.
- Ensure the teams are being effectively managed and the product owners are being successful leading the teams and guarantee that our product plans and execution will be successful.
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- An inquisitive nature and you look for ways to keep make products better.
- Exceptional communication skills (presentation and written)
- An ability to integrate VOC with you and your team’s insights to produce best in class applications.
- The ability to collaborate across many constituencies across the AXON organization. (sales, marketing, PSO, DEV, etc.)
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and connected hardware products
- MBA or Masters degree in technical field
- 10+ years of Product Management or relevant experience
- Experience managing and leading a product team including hiring the best
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...