Director of Product Management, Pricing and Packaging
Smartsheet, the market leading work execution platform, is already beloved by customers around the world for empowering people to improve how they work. As our business continues to expand it is important that we evolve our offerings and pricing to meet the needs of our diverse global customer base. Smartsheet is looking for a leader to take our pricing strategies to the next level. As Director of Pricing and Packaging, you will partner with Sr. Executives across sales, product, marketing, and finance to drive growth and improve go to market strategies for our portfolio of products including core Smartsheet license plans, Smartsheet Control Center, Dynamic View, Connectors, Smartsheet Accelerators, and new offerings under development.
Modern Software as a Service companies are changing the rules around how businesses buy software from perpetual licensing to annual subscriptions. Smartsheet is one of the fastest growing public enterprise software companies in the market growing over 50% YoY. Do you have the skills and experience in developing world class pricing and packaging strategies to optimize the growth and profitability of our rapidly growing global business? Is so, we would like to talk to you.
This role is located in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA, and reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Lead the development and operationalization of monetization strategies, offers, packaging, & pricing to drive customer value and sustainable growth globally across our businesses.
- Identify, prioritize, & develop new ways to deliver greater customer value, bookings, and margin growth
- Incubate new go-to-market programs that deepen customer relationships and drive incremental growth
- Evolve product portfolio, packaging, and monetization models to better align with differing customer needs/value/willingness-to-pay and encourage deeper customer relationships
- Optimize price levels across products, segments, and markets based on customer value/willingness-to-pay, competitive positioning, & GTM strategy
- Improve pricing processes, governance, tools, and execution
- Establish targets/measure KPIs to track performance and enable continuous improvements
- Partner with senior leaders and a diverse cross-functional team of marketing, product and sales experts to bring industry leading solutions to market
- 10+ years of experience in consulting, marketing, and/or business strategy roles
- Experience with pricing or go-to-market strategy in the technology space
- BA/BS degree
- Experience while working with leading SaaS/software/internet companies
- Strategy consulting background
- Leadership skills: Experienced leader who can develop innovative strategies, inspire cross-functional teams and drive decision making among senior executives.
- Monetization strategy expertise: Demonstrated thought leadership in monetization strategy, pricing models, and go-to-market strategy. Deep value-based packaging and pricing expertise, preferably in SaaS / Software / Internet businesses
- Marketing strategy skills: Ability to understand customer needs/perceived value, drive customer value creation, and develop go-to-market strategies to accelerate growth.
- Data-driven: Highly quantitative and data-driven with experience using hypothesis and data-driven analyses to solve large, complex business problems and quantify business opportunities.
- Experienced researcher: Expertise with research methodologies and data analytics to support pricing strategies
- Communication skills: Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives.
- Commitment: Ability to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Over 75,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Smartsheet is used by over 50% of the Fortune 500 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.