Principal Product Manager, Automated Brokerage at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:05 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, June 3, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As the lead product leader for Convoy’s automated brokering, you will devise strategy and drive the roadmap and execution of creating Convoy’s automated marketplace matching. You’ll create a differentiated value for convoy by ensuring we exceed our shippers’ service expectation while driving high satisfaction and ongoing engagement from our carriers base and meeting financial goals. You’ll drive Convoy’s innovations in the age-old manual and labor intensive process of finding the right carrier for each load using technology, machine learning, and optimizations. You’ll work with both shippers and carriers to understand their motivations and needs, and internally drive initiatives across brokerage, sales, engineering, and data science to enable creating a world class solution for Convoy.
- Own the shipper quality program across Convoy to exceed our shippers’ expectations.
- Build automated systems to match between loads and carriers, meeting quality, engagement, and financial goals.
- Build operational tools for the brokerage team and engage with them to identify and mitigate risks in the matching process.
- Define and own the roadmap for the space across engineering, data science, and design.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of proven success in product.
- Proven track record of direct leadership as well as leading cross functionally to drive material outcomes for a business.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to quantitative thinking.
- Experience working with research and engineering teams.
Nice to haves:
- Direct experience in a marketplace product.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!