Principal Product Manager, Carrier Experience at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Friday, September 11, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
With Convoy, Carriers can earn more with less hassle. As a product leader in the carrier organization, you’ll be driving the strategy, roadmap, and implementation of tools and programs to enhance the experience of carriers in Convoy’s digital freight network, hence building a healthy network of carriers. This includes innovating on the ways carriers can choose to work with Convoy, developing targeted and relevant communication to carriers to inform them of work they may be interested in, and ensuring their long-term success within the Convoy ecosystem. You’ll be leading a cross-functional team of engineers, researchers, designers and operators to come up, experiment, develop, and deploy solutions to create a world-class digital freight network for carriers.
- Own the overall strategy, roadmap, and technology stack that Convoy uses to execute carrier facing programs
- Head a team of engineers and data scientists in researching and structuring work for carriers and delivering on Convoy’s obligations.
- Solicit and prioritize the needs of our shippers, carriers, and internal teams.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical and research teams.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!