Principal Product Manager, Commander
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
While Axon is already a leader in digital evidence management domestically, and a key pillar of our company's growth is to expand internationally. For this particular role, we are looking for a principal product manager to join our team to lead the vision and execution of our Axon Commander product, which focuses on the needs of our international and domestic federal markets. This will require key strategic planning and tenacious execution to evolve our product beyond their current capabilities to capture meaningful market share against our competition, while navigating the tricky international requirements balancing legal vs. on-premise vs. cloud issues.
- End-to-end ownership of our internationally focused digital evidence management products, including strategy, planning and execution.
- Communicate directly with our international sales team and customers at law enforcement agencies to understand their needs and workflows.
- Synthesize customer requirements and rationalize against our company strategy into actionable plans for your products.
- Work cross-discipline with engineering, design and sales to bring the right products to life with the right feature set. Liaise with our field teams to enable seamless deployments and help guide custom integrations when necessary.
- Coordinated product pricing and other go-to-market activities including sales training, marketing and customer messaging.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study.
- 8+ years of Product Management experience, in particular with connected hardware, IoT and web services.
- Possess an understanding of technologies involved in branch networking, storage, and servers.
- Ability to successfully lead and communicate with a cross-functional team domestically as well as engage directly with our customers in the field internationally.
- Ability to generate product vision and strategy based on interaction with customer and insights into the market.
- Great instincts on how to make the right trade-offs, despite the lack of qualitative or quantitative data.
- Confidence and comfort working with high degree of autonomy, in a fast-paced environment.
- Periodic domestic and international travel is required, 15-20 days a quarter.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description