Transparent Systems is transforming financial infrastructure with on-demand settlement solutions. Leveraging cryptographically secured distributed networks, we’re reducing the friction in making and receiving payments. Starting with B2B payments and treasury management solutions, our goal is to create a more inclusive economy that empowers your business and your money.
We always live our core values of collaboration, transparency, diversity, and accountability, which reflect in the way we work together, treat each other, and in the products we build.
As a Principal Product Manager at Transparent Systems, you will be responsible for the features of our product as you work with a team of dynamic individuals who act as owners and are focused on doing right by our customers. We are looking for a product manager to be based either out of our Seattle headquarters or remotely, preferably located in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own all aspects of the product development (not engineering) process, including customer positioning, development timetables, feature set, requirements and specifications, pricing, time-integrated plans for product introduction, and developing marketing strategies
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Assess market competition by comparing our product to competitors' products
- Analyze proposed product requirements and product development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with engineering
- Introduce and market new products by coordinating with sales, advertising, and production
- Determine product pricing strategies by utilizing market research data; reviewing costs; and costing special and customized integrations
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; and appraising new product ideas and/or product changes
- Provide marketing communication objectives
- Work closely across the organization with legal, design, engineering, and marketing to ensure all timelines are aligned with the overall product delivery schedule
- Own all updates, inputs, and changes to the Product Requirements Document
- Work closely with the business development/executive team to assess product-market data; jointly attend customer calls and evaluate call results; and develop product sales strategies
- Provide information for management by preparing product sales forecasts, special reports, and analyses
What’s in it for you:
- Work on a novel, cutting-edge product new in the market
- Competitive startup salary
- Full benefits package
- You can learn and grow in role while making a huge impact
- Fun place to work with smart people
- Collaborative environment and a small team, make a big impact immediately
What you bring to us:
- Experience with enterprise software and/or financial software
- Accomplished at basic project management practices
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated track-record of solid business acumen
- BS in Finance, Business, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- MS or MBA (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience as a product manager
- Experience as a product manager in the financial industry
- Enterprise startup experience preferred
Your "extra" experience:
- FinTech, blockchain, banking, or payments industry experience
- Understanding and participation in open source software communities
- You lead by doing and empower teammates to achieve their goals
Read more about us: https://www.builtinseattle.com/company/transparent-systems
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description