Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
You'll partner with PMs and Developers to accelerate our testing roadmap by developing the strategy and reading product tests. Additionally, you will use data to identify and improve our response to emergent fraud attacks. You will analyze attacks and patterns, generating the specs for new features and data that our product team can implement to prevent them in the future. Finally, you'll analyze the business logic underpinning our existing in-product experiences and test changes to optimize the system.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver written business analysis with clear reasoning and actionable conclusions
- Use data to make excellent decisions in an autonomous manner
- Read A/B product tests using bayesian framework
- Make tradeoffs between fraud losses and negative customer experiences
- Partner with Product Management to build a prioritization framework that captures relevant tradeoffs for the team including setting goals and evaluating potential opportunities.
- Report to the Director of the Fraud Program
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience in an analytics role
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with Excel (can effectively build models) and SQL, exposure to Python and Statistical Analysis a bonus
- You can start from a white space problem and develop hypotheses, an analytical framework, and develop a well written recommendation
- You communicate decisions to individual contributors and leadership. You can state and defend your decision making process
- You are scrappy, creative, and think of creative solutions in a constrained environment. You would need to have a high degree of ownership.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer