Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding participation in computer science by making it available in more schools, and increasing participation by women and underrepresented students of color. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science.
We believe computer science and computer programming should be part of the core curriculum in education, alongside other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) courses, such as biology, physics, chemistry and algebra.°
Code.org is recruiting for a Product Manager who is excited to be at the forefront of bringing equity to computer science education and empowering all K-12 schools to teach this fundamental subject. We are a small, but powerful team who dream big and have fun in the process. You will be part of the team that crafts the platform delivering the most popular K-12 Computer Science curriculum to students and educators around the world.
• Connect with customers, dig into data, do market research and synthesize these ideas into a product vision and a prioritized roadmap
• Partner with design, curriculum and engineering teams to create user customer experiences that delight K-12 educators and students
• Collaborate with the rest of the product team to ensure a cohesive end-to-end experience across the entire product line
• Connect with external organizations and find opportunities for beneficial partnerships
• Wear many hats to help drive one of the biggest movements in education
• We provide a supportive environment that moves quickly but also allows for experimentation and acknowledges that mistakes are part of the learning process.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
• A demonstrated ability as a program manager or product manager with at least 5 years of experience building web-centric products/services
• Taken computer science courses or have experience with programming
• Designed user experience for non-tech savvy customers
• Experience using data to make decisions
• Strong technical background
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other teams/organizations
• Additional skills and interests that would help you be successful in this role:
• Teaching or volunteering experience in K-12 classrooms
• Experience using programming tools designed for students
In addition, you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Pass a pre-employment background check
At Code.org we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Monthly unlimited ORCA pass or equal value transit subsidy; located near public transit hub in Seattle, WA
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
Read Full Job Description