At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
At the core of PitchBook's offering is our data – it is accurate, comprehensive, and timely. Our platform includes rich datasets on both public and private companies along with deep granularity on the financial networks and capital flows that fund them. We solve complex data integration, data cleansing, and data quality management problems for our clients.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Direct Data & API team. This role will be responsible for defining and executing on the roadmap for our data delivery products such as our API and data feeds. Market demand for these products is strong, and we need someone who can hit the ground running. This role will partner with several teams including engineering, design and sales to ensure we are able to provide a solution that can scale to meet our clients' needs.
If you have proven experience shipping API or data feed products and are passionate about finance, we'd love to hear from you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Define product strategy for the Direct Data product area
- Champion client needs for both developers and business decision makers
- Work with engineering and UX to communicate business and technical requirements
- Actively influence product roadmap prioritization
- Report key updates to stakeholders and executives
- Establish project goals and build the reporting capabilities needed to measure impact
- Identify product opportunities to improve efficiency and meet growing market demands
- Be the subject matter expert for the Direct Data product area
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of data delivery products such as APIs and data feeds
- Experience owning products from inception to launch
- Self-directed: sets and meets deadlines, multi-tasks, and prioritizes
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, motivated by the opportunity to work with teams to define a clear course of action
- Ability to convey technical information to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of direct data product KPIs and reporting needs
- Proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of ETLs, data pipelines and databases
- Experience with APIs, SDKs and Webhooks a plus