Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Fleet 3 is Axon’s next generation in-car platform for law enforcement. Not only will this be the best in-car video system on the market but it will include Axon’s newest artificial intelligence capabilities to incorporate live services and the ability to alert officers of vehicles of interest via smart license plate reading technology. Building this system from the ground up and leveraging the strengths of the Axon Ecosystem is a huge task.
With this mission, we are looking for an experienced product manager who has a track record of defining and executing complex software deliverables across multiple teams and job roles. You’ll be responsible for delivering user research-based guidance to the software squads as they build out critical workflows for users of our system. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, technical program managers, product designers, engineers and our go-to-market teams to own delivery of a high-quality, enterprise-ready system. As our program progresses, you’ll be at the heart of capturing product feedback on the system as we deploy it to beta users across the country. You’ll prioritize that feedback, plan updates, and ready the overall system for launch.
- Direct and guide the software product vision, communicate to the cross-functional team, and evolve it based on interactions with customers as the solution is developed
- Work with engineering teams to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time to market
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, work flow, and business problems
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data from market and end users
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products and work with team to measure and achieve them
Required Professional Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years relevant Software Product Management experience ideally shipping complex, multi product/system solutions with IoT devices and SaaS components
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions
- You have direct experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and absent data
- Excellent problem solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description