Product Manager, Planning & Procurement at Pro.com
Product Manager, Planning & Procurement
Pro.com is a venture-backed, technology-based General Contractor in the home improvement, remodeling, and new construction market. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are a rapidly growing and maturing company with the vision to be the most reliable, convenient, and customer-centric provider of services for the home. We’re leading the future of construction with a tech-enabled approach, relentless process refinement and an obsession with creating an excellent customer experience.
We foster a work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. The team enjoys a good challenge and we celebrate our successes together. If you enjoy working in a supportive environment that encourages creativity and promotes ownership and career growth, come and join us.
You’ll likely thrive here if:
- You want to grow, and you're constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You have a love of mentoring. You live by the philosophy that everyone has something to teach you and the ability to learn something new.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You move quickly, fail fast, prioritize & execute.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
What you’ll do:
- Lead one of three product teams, with a focus on building process and tooling to support everything that happens between when a customer signs a contract and when a construction project breaks ground. This includes planning dependencies, scheduling projects, requesting subcontractor bids, procuring materials, and communicating milestones.
- Iterate on existing products and create new ones that help us set projects up for success.
- Partner with engineering, design, and operations to establish a vision and deliver remarkable web, mobile, and service experiences for customers, construction staff, customer service, and subcontractors.
- In conjunction with other internal teams, define and roll out internal and external tools culminating in a solution that allows us to efficiently source subcontractors and materials at scale.
- Work on products that will have a deep impact on our customer and subcontractor experiences, margins, and ability to scale.
- Prioritize and manage the roadmap for your team and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure priorities are aligned with company goals and strategy.
- Own product requirements, including user story creation, work back planning, stakeholder collaboration, and feature prioritization.
- Conduct or oversee usability testing, primary and secondary research, requirements definition and triage, user acceptance testing, and go to market approach.
- Create internal tools that enable our construction team to set every project up for success:
- Predictable - Reduce planning duration, tighten transitions, and increase bids/RFP.
- Productive - Improve direct margins with procurement efficiencies and strong feedback loops.
- Scalable - Ensure our tools/processes support our aggressive growth.
- Create customer experiences that address customers’ key needs:
- Reliable - Set and meet expectations with regards to timeline and quality.
- Convenient - Make the planning & selections process easy and exciting.
- Fast - Start and finish the planning process quickly.
- Create subcontractor experiences that support subcontractors’ ability to:
- Grow - Provide quality opportunities that fit their desires and appetite
- Reduce overhead - Allow them to focus on their craft, not running their business
- Get paid - Remove barriers to getting paid quickly and on a regular cadence
- 5+years experience in program or product management, successfully delivering products/services
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with user interaction, customer experience, and/or digital design
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative and customer-delighting digital and service experiences.
- Passion for identifying, analyzing, and solving difficult and sometimes-ambiguous problems.
- Insatiable will to learn, to drive for clarity, and to get the right stuff done both individually and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Superior written and verbal communication, analytical skills, and delivery skills.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Experience getting and using data to back up assumptions and assertions.
- Street smarts: knowing when to use duct tape and baling wire versus rebar and concrete in solutions. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do what is needed to deliver.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills, both in opportunity identification and in solution design.
- Technical fluency: comfort exploring, understanding, and discussing architectural concepts, solution options, and tradeoffs.
- Proven ability to make smart tradeoffs in scope, experience, scalability, and time to market.
- Competitive salary
- Open PTO (no cap, no accrual)
- Paid Flex Holidays
- Employer subsidized benefits (Medical, dental, vision, etc)
- Employer paid life, disability and more!
- Company laptop
- Stock options
- Office kitchen stocked with complimentary food and beverages, and weekly office lunches