Product Manager Technical - Alexa Shopping List at Amazon
With Alexa devices proliferating across homes, offices, cars and mobile, Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping List team is enabling this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customers' grocery needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI to automatically build your list and find you the best deals, we will transform how customers shop in stores and online. We will help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, help them save time and get the best value while shopping. We will ensure they always get everything on their shopping list without forgetting anything.
We are seeking a Sr. PMT to lead Alexa Shopping List app experiences. You will define and drive the product strategy while balancing competing launch priorities and building scalable and reusable features. You are excited to design and build features that allow customers to easily shop from their shopping list, never forget important items, find deals, compare products and checkout. You are well rounded and have shipped customer facing products with proven business value before. As a part of this job, you will own the product portfolio and focus on exciting and challenging problems, like:
· Create a vision for the shopping experience for Alexa Shopping List. You own the sequencing and execution of work and are responsible for very senior stakeholder management.
· Work with engineering, research, UX, and marketing to deliver business specific value for customers who want to use Alexa devices in their grocery shopping flow.
· Build scalable architecture and solutions that scale across regions and locales.
· Grow the customer base and engage existing customers to increase usage.
· Exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
· Business and technical focused education background (STEM education).
· 5+ years of product management
· Proven track record of shipping customer facing products with proven business value.
· A history of translating customer insight into features that customers love to use.
· Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
· Successful when working across a range of teams, including engineering, research, UX, and marketing.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data (including SQL) and metrics to back up assumptions evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
· Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology.
· Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to very senior executives.
· Have a passion for food, grocery shopping, saving time, and/or saving money.
· MBA from business school and a BS in Computer Science or related technical field from a top engineering school.
· Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing) applications.
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.