Product Manager at Geocaching HQ
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our mobile apps and Geocaching.com website enable a global community of millions of people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours, should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
This role presents an opportunity to play a part in defining Geocaching’s strategic product roadmap, and work on cross platform Mobile and Web projects. You'll be working on projects ranging from platform capabilities to innovative customer-facing projects that engage and excite the Geocaching community.
As a Product Manager, you are passionate about delivering meaningful and valuable products and features to customers. You have a strong foundation in the Product space to build on, and the attributes needed for success in Product Management. You have exceptional communication and analytical abilities, exhibit tact and good judgement under pressure and in times of ambiguity, are highly accountable, and take pride in continuously improving your leadership skills.
At Geocaching, Product Managers are accountable for articulating the vision for features to stakeholders and the senior management team; gathering input and requirements from customers and stakeholders; managing a well-organized and robust backlog of Epics and Stories in Jira; and ensuring Designers and Engineers are able to develop projects in the roadmap. As a member of Geocaching’s Product team, you will work closely and collaborate with Product Designers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Marketing Managers and our Community team. The ideal person in this role understands that there are times to explore deeply, times to move quickly, and always sweats the appropriate details to deliver high quality experiences to our players.
What You’ll Do
- Manage one or more web and mobile roadmap projects, and work as a member of the Product team to prioritize your projects as part of a cohesive roadmap.
- Work with a product delivery team - communicating vision, priorities, and plans to a team of engineers and stakeholders.
- As an agile Product Owner, manage a prioritized backlog; define user stories with detailed acceptance criteria; participate in refinement sessions, sprint planning, daily standup, and sprint reviews of engineering work products.
- Work with Marketing and Data leads to formulate clear and measurable hypotheses and project KPIs; define go-to-market plans; link success metrics to Company OKRs; ensure we collect and aggregate product data into meaningful insights to assess product performance and inform business decisions.
- Partner with the engineering team on essential Scrum master duties, such as defining the cadence of scrum ceremonies and coordinating sprint planning.
- Define and coordinate release plans with Engineering, Marketing, Community, and in consultation with other members of the product team.
- Monitor and share project status before and after release, identify and mitigate risks.
- Help to define and capture key results for road map projects.
- Collaborate with marketing and data teams to determine what opportunities exist to engage users using both product features and promotions.
- Be an active participant in the game and advance in the internal Geoguide program.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 2-3 years experience in product management.
- Well-developed self-awareness, interpersonal, and listening skills.
- Knowledge of working with product designers and engineers in a collaborative way to generate and refine ideas and develop UX and technical solutions.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing business conditions, re-prioritizing as necessary.
- Proven leadership ability in a technical environment.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely way with less-than-perfect data, adapt as additional information becomes available, and reflect on results to improve the decision-making process and results.
- Strong professional commitment to collaboration and accountability.
- Significant geocaching experience highly desired.
- Bonus: experience in JIRA, Confluence, and Google Analytics.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our core company values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.