Heptio is thinking about impact on a magnitude and time horizon that’s different from your typical start-up. That starts with our founders … two of the individuals that created Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes and the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. We understand how to build things that endure and we’ve started that at Heptio with a line-up of products, community projects and high-touch services that have an immediate impact.
Our message is resonating in the market and has allowed us to count some of the most admired companies -- across industries -- as customers. Our success has attracted incredible talent as we build our team. We’re growing fast and we need more great people eager to make a difference. With that, we are seeking a Product Manager to help define product strategy and advance our mission to make Kubernetes accessible to any enterprise. You will play a pivotal role defining compelling and competitively differentiated products, communicating our roadmap to internal and external stakeholders, understanding our customers deeply, and collaborating with marketing and sales to bring products to market.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Define the short- and long-term strategy for Heptio’s product offerings based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competition
- Communicate Heptio’s product strategy and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with engineering to drive successful product releases, and customer reliability engineering and field engineering to align with customers and drive product adoption
- Define product pricing and packaging, develop build versus buy assessments, and evaluate partnership opportunities
- Build honest technology by collaborating with open source communities and defining Heptio’s investments in open source projects
- Work with marketing to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for Heptio products, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers in a pre- and post-sales capacity
- Ability to draw upon technical and business acumen to formulate a big-picture vision and execute the necessary steps to bring that vision to reality
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful new product from conception to launch
- Track record of leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Experience in enterprise software such as infrastructure software, public cloud platforms, cloud native technologies, or developer tooling
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and synthesizing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
We’ll title the role commensurate with your experience and expectations.
Heptio powers giant leaps in development productivity and resource efficiency. We provide the products, services and community projects that customers need to unlock the full potential of upstream Kubernetes. It’s all neatly packaged in the Heptio Kubernetes Subscription, the essentials needed to deploy, manage and support an open source Kubernetes distribution across multiple clouds.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.
Read Full Job Description