Product Support Specialist - C2H
As a member of the Avalara Support team, your goal is to provide world-class service to our customers. The Product Support Specialist is a front line position, and is expected to take on support cases of moderate complexity and be able to manage your own priorities. Fast paced, inbound call center.
This is a contract to hire role.
- Understand and become conversant in a number of large software applications
- Understand, interpret, reproduce, and diagnose customer problems. Perform Root cause Analysis
- Teach solutions to customers and document them in our Knowledge Base.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our case tracking system.
- Work with members of other departments/teams to resolve product issues –escalating issues as necessary
- Meet individual case management, SLA, and C-Sat Goals
- Be the voice of the customer within Avalara. Driving their issue to resolution regardless of what department owns the issue.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- 3+ years of experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and face-to-face.
- Excellent organizational skills –ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- Ability to think outside the box to find solutions.
- Team player with the ability to encourage a positive atmosphere.
- You like to tinker and love technology.
- College Degree Preferred
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.