Project Manager, Customer Experience at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Project Manager to join Rover’s Operations Scalability and Efficiency team. You'll be directly responsible for identifying and driving initiatives that improve efficiency and reduce operating cost on the platform, while never losing sight of quality experience for the customer and agents. Your projects will support efficiencies in the core frontline operations teams: Customer Experience, Trust & Safety, Sitter Success, and Fraud. You'll succeed in this role if you excel at: thinking beyond the norm, pushing the status quo, and using data to identify areas of opportunity; driving complex projects to success; communicating with varied audiences across the organization; and acting with a balance of urgency and patience.
- Pair with Senior Project Manager and Senior Data Analysis to define and answer complex business questions and present actionable findings, such as optimizing agent efficiency, developing methodology
- Identifying and driving initiatives across key performance areas
- Prepare and communicate project performance, cost, and status reports.
- Test, improve and implement processes and workflows that will increase safety and reduce financial risk on the platform.
- Perform ad hoc investigations to quickly determine cost/return on investment.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a constantly evolving fast paced technology environment.
- Work closely with Product and Technology teams in implementing tools and partnerships that will reduce handle time of contacts and decrease cost-per-contact.
- Improve efficiencies across the Operations ecosystem, by identifying, targeting, and tracking workflows across various groups.
- Work cross-functionally with teams in Enforcement, Marketing, Product, CX and data engineering to leverage insights, create excellent customer experiences, and execute on projects.
- Mentor and develop team members
- BA/BS degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years experience in operations - marketplace and/or on-demand business experience preferred
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work autonomously in a shifting and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Experienced in giving actionable feedback and coaching, and welcoming of the same
- Experience with agile, lean or similar methodology preferred
- Understand the product development cycle and apply its concepts to creating tools and workflows for our team
- Experience working with CRM functionality or Customer Service ticketing systems.
- Strong data analysis skills, including defining key data points, gathering them and providing actionable next steps
- Excel at time management and organization, including ability to multiple projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- SQL recommended; willingness to continue to learn SQL required
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to take abstractly defined problems and work with data to drive decisions
- You get the question behind the question, and take nothing at face value.
- You are driven to find solutions and novel approaches.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- You present results in a consumable, actionable way.
Your Bonus Skills
- Prior experience scaling an organization
- Experience developing roadmaps
- PMP Certification or like qualifications
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description