Regional Product Manager, Destination Experience, South Asia
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Product Manager at Remitly, you’re an owner. You’re responsible for the vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of game changing products that delight our customers worldwide. You’re a born collaborator with a broad range of skills; you can talk technology with developers, numbers with finance and analytics, execution with operations and business strategy with leadership. You’re a subject matter expert and fierce customer advocate with keen market insight. You’re an entrepreneur at heart and thrive in ambiguity and can handle competing priorities with ease. At the end of the day, you deliver.
The Destination Experience Team is looking for a Product Manager specifically focused on the South Asia region. The DEX team is a fundamental driver of Remitly's ability to reach international customers and provide a diverse set of disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup and home delivery. From the quality of integrations to the customer facing personal experiences we build, the DEX team directly impacts the Remitly experience. It's a perpetually greenfield domain, requiring partnership across all domains (i.e. business development, engineering, design, marketing, etc) to be successful. The mission of this team is to create reliable, defensible, global disbursement networks and delight our customers with personal destination experiences to support international remittance expansion.
Within the DEX team, the South Asia Regional Product Manager is responsible for leveraging the existing Remitly Global Platform and building unique destination experiences specific to the South Asia customers. You will be responsible for establishing product market fit in new markets while also ensuring steady growth in existing markets. You will partner with regional marketing management to acquire new and retain existing customers. Having a strong knowledge about the South Asia payments landscape, you will partner with the business development team to identify potential disbursement partners and onboard them in order to expand our disbursement network.
- Be the South Asia customer advocate; leverage customer feedback, data analysis and market research to develop and deliver revolutionary, region specific product features
- Take ownership and accountability while working alongside design, growth, marketing and engineering teams to drive successful product and feature launches all while maintaining a strong end customer focus\
- Work with designers to define interaction, design and UI requirements and priorities
- Understand disbursement partner API documentation to write detailed product specifications and stories for engineering execution
- Manage and deliver initiatives for our website and apps throughout the entire product lifecycle; including post-launch follow-up metrics and iterations
- Develop and execute product strategy, road-mapping and prioritization
- Set up and analyze A/B tests and provide comprehensive test readouts with well thought through recommendations
- 5+ years as a product manager
- South Asia payments experience
- Experience motivating cross-functional teams; ideally across software engineering, UX design, UI and growth, with an understanding of how things work within those domains
- Experience with large-scale web, e-commerce applications/mobile applications
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proven ability to leverage data in decision making
- Strength in building relationships and effective communication with varied internal and external audiences
- Experience setting and executing product strategy, road-mapping, and prioritization
- Experience leading teams using the agile, lean, and kanban methodologies
- Excellent presentation skills
- Some Startup DNA - you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.