Senior Director of Product Management
Smartsheet is already beloved by customers around the world for empowering people to improve how they work. We are looking for a passionate Product Management leader to help usher in our next major phase of growth by elevating the experiences we deliver to our customers and building powerful new capabilities to support modern work execution.
Do you deeply understand the needs of modern workers and the tools they need to deliver flawless execution in today’s competitive business environment? Do you have a passion for solving customer problems and leveraging technology to empower everyone to improve how they work? If so, we want to hear from you!
This role will be located in Smartsheet’s Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the Chief Product Officer.
This is a critical, high visibility role with a significant business impact that will be responsible for leading four of Smartsheet’s core product pillars including Mobile, Growth, Work Management, and Analytics and Visualization. This position is responsible for leading a team of 8-10 product managers to engage customers and deeply understand their needs, define a product vision, manage the development and delivery of new capabilities to market, and own the customer experience including operational performance for each of the assigned pillars.
This is a vital role in a collaborative environment. Your success will be measured on improvements to critical success metrics, user engagement and happiness, your ability to drive projects from concept through completion, and your skills working with customers and colleagues. You will be the team leader, and your ability to attract and retain top talent, and build a work environment where people flourish and do great work is a key component of the role.
- Deeply understand the needs of your customers and the marketplace to build a great product market fit.
- Create a compelling vision for your portfolio of features, break down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute
- Assess opportunity, project feasibility, approach, scope
- Define detailed product requirements
- Manage ongoing trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance
- Drive project through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch
- Analyze market and competitive trends to inform new recommendations
- Manage a team of Product Managers, ensuring they have clear goals and responsibilities. Provide coaching and guidance to help them excel, and constructive feedback where necessary. Build a work environment that draws people to the team.
We are looking for great teammates who are driven, dedicated, passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision. Preferably, you will have:
- 8-10+ years experience as a product manager for a software product, B2B or B2C cloud experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager
- Experience in Enterprise software development.
- Familiarity with IT Governance and Readiness Concerns
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration
- Entrepreneurial, startup attitude, plus passionate drive and extraordinary ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives
- Passion for web-based business software
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical concepts
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.