Senior Product Analyst, Real Time Operations at Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Real Time Communications in Public Safety
While enterprise collaboration has experienced a sea change in the past 10 years (think Zoom, Slack, and a bevy of role and domain-specific tools), public safety has largely been left behind. Though police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services personnel put themselves in harm’s way on a daily basis, their ability to communicate and coordinate is hampered by disjointed systems, arcane user interfaces, and technology that was implemented before (and without) modern product design and technology. The news is full of examples of first responders lacking critical information, which leads to less-than-ideal outcomes.
Axon is in a unique position to address this problem. As the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save more lives. To that end, the Real Time Communications team is creating a new product category that integrates voice, text, and video communications into a lightning-fast collaboration toolset. Like all teams at Axon, we value transparency and bias for action, and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us in pulling the future forward into today.
The Sr. Product Analyst will play a key role in helping us expand our customer base by extracting meaningful takeaways from data and drive better Product outcomes for Real time operation pillar. You will be responsible for deriving essential insights from our data to help us build better products, improve sales, enhance the customer experience, and develop more robust marketing efforts. There are more than 18,000 police departments in the United States alone, and many more globally. They all are unique in some way, yet our solution needs to be easy to deploy, configure, and manage. Doing this in a scalable way is critical to the success of our business, and you will help us make it happen. This work will help us understand product’s current performance and influence the direction of the product roadmap and the future of our business.
- Explore open-ended questions on past feature releases to explain usage and adoption patterns and provide prescriptive analysis
- Work with Product Management to translate business questions and desired user behaviors into hypotheses and product specifications
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, sales, operations, supply chain, product marketing, and BI teams to define all data that is to be collected and turn thoughtful data analysis into clear, actionable business decisions
- Spend time with customers to understand how their needs differ from each other and craft a vision for scaling our solution to the entire market
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Product Management teams to build and maintain Product KPI dashboards
- Present exploratory findings and usage updates to the senior leadership team and broader product team regularly
- Define how our teams measure success by developing KPIs and business metrics in close partnership with Product, engineering, and marketing.
Required Skills & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- 4+ years of Software Product or Business Analyst experience with the ability to generate insights from complex data
- 2+ years both reading and writing SQL queries
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with excel, salesforce, and dash-boarding/data visualization using tools such as Tableau and Mixpanel
- Detail-Orientation and attention to detail. Should be comfortable working on ambiguous datasets and ensure reporting accuracy
- Success influencing as well as partnering with cross-functional leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment of consistent growth
- Start-up or entrepreneurial experience
- Proven ability to convey complex concepts in simple terms
- Ability to strategically execute within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and complex environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.