Senior Product Designer
Design | Seattle, WA, USA
Pioneer Square Labs (PSL) is a Seattle-based startup studio and venture fund that creates, launches and invests in Pacific Northwest technology startups. The studio is funded by 14 VCs and 50 angel investors from Seattle, Silicon Valley, Colorado and other parts of the country.
We are looking for a curious, passionate, and strategic Product Designer with brand, systems, research, user experience, and digital design expertise to join our core team. You will collaborate with both the PSL core team as well as PSL spinout founders working to build brands, products, and marketing collateral.
Please submit a portfolio that shows off the breadth of your capabilities including your process and end product executions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Ideate, Validate and Create
- Participate in new company creation ideation sessions
- Collaborate with core team member on new concept development
- Build test brands and look at data through the lens of our validation framework
- Talk to customers to help drive concept affinity
- Participate in early-stage brand workshops including naming, brand attribute definition, and voice.
- Create mood boards and brand identity options that reflect brand values.
- Create, extend and apply brand identities across product and marketing channels
- Work with core team members and key stakeholders in the execution of key business design needs
- Create style guides and documentation to communicate the system
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, prototypes, and details designs informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas
- Participate in a hands-on manner through all product phases, from strategy to launch to optimization.
- Partner with PSL’s cross-functional teams to determine business and feature requirements and translate them into thoughtful design solutions
- Concept and design features that will drive deep engagement that will drive company value props and deliver a magical experience to customers.
- Translate brand tenets into elegant user interface design
- Validate design concepts with end users
- Drive communication of design guidelines and patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience across digital products
- Develop and refine user-centered design processes and best practices while educating other disciplines of their value.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for high performers who can be thoughtful and intentional while moving quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Senior Product Designer should balance logic with emotion, and has a proven track record of designing world-class experiences. Success in this environment requires:
- A deep sense of curiosity and proven ability to propose creative concepts during initial project phases and the ability to deliver on those ideas through detailed design
- Proven ability to solve complex UX problems and the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class visual design solutions
- Experience working in a highly iterative, and collaborative environment where opinions are strong but loosely held
- Proficiency designing user interfaces and experiences, including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, visual design, and prototypes that articulate product design
- Experience working individually and collaboratively, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- An appetite to test, learn, iterate, and improve
- A bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment; an ownership attitude
- Efficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- 6+ years of relevant brand and user interface design experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Design or UX-related field of study