Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our product's goal is to do three things - put officers back on the streets, solve and prosecute crimes, and prevent crime from occurring in the future. We're going to do that by rethinking the way police officers document every interaction they have with their community. A typical records management system is the life-blood, the operating system, of Public Safety yet these systems are clunky, out-of-date, and require duplication of effort by users. The end result is police officers spending two-thirds of their time behind a computer, rather than in the community. At Axon, we believe Public Safety's toughest problems can be solved with the latest technologies— from integrations with body worn video cameras and other sensors to automation and sentiment analysis through cutting edge-AI. If a company can simplify the most complex tax code in the world, we believe we can simplify and streamline the way agencies capture and report out their interactions with the public.
In the beginning, you will attend “cop camp”: deep immersion via ride-a-longs and sit-alongs to understand up close what law enforcement user need from their systems. You'll then define the requirements and work with the design and engineering teams to ensure we're shipping the right stuff, in the right order, at the right time.
Your Day to Day
- Own the product vision and experience around a core product within the Axon Records ecosystem
- Help identify that next area of growth and opportunity within the records space
- Gathering customer insights through phone interviews and on-sites across the country
- Assisting in the strategy of a part of Axon that feels like a well funded early stage start up.
- Leading a team of designers and engineers in the development of Axon Records
- Helping attract top talent and grow the team
- Identifying, proposing, and advocating product vision and strategy
- 5+ years work experience as a software product manager. Preference towards enterprise SaaS
- Proven success in creating and bringing products to market
- You have a track record of implementing and using analytics to drive product decisions
- Ability to generate product vision and strategy based on interaction with customer and insights into the market
- You resonate with Axon's Values and believe technology can be applied to tackle public safety's biggest challenges
- You have experience in agile development processes and making difficult trade-offs in order to rapidly ship high quality products
- Travel domestically and internationally necessary (15%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study and/or an MBA
- Confidence and comfort working with high degree of autonomy, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfort with ambiguity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description