The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for driven Senior-level Product Managers who have the ability to learn, convince, prototype, build, measure, and refine the next generation of online advertising tools in a lean/agile development environment. The ideal candidate will be technical, driven, think creatively, and has great collaboration and communication skills.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As the voice of our customers globally, you’ll deeply understand how to make users’ lives better through software. One of our core product principles is “do the right thing”. We expect you to represent our company and exercise good judgement, by balancing the needs of our diverse agency clients. You will accomplish this by teaming up with designers, developers, product managers and business stakeholders to create delightful, engaging experiences. You will gather customer requirements, design prototypes, prioritize and scope releases that represent customers’ needs, then work with the rest of the engineering team to build those products and iterate on them over time.
In this role you will own the roadmap and execution for data driven products. This can include campaign optimization algorithms, models to power customer insights, and tools to activate data. As a Product Manager for data products, you will be working closely with data scientists in addition to engineers, helping think through tradeoffs in model approaches and customer impact. You will be working with stakeholders all across the globe to bring our shared vision for programmatic advertising to life.WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 4+ years of Product Management experience, background in software development, engineering, or analytics a plus
- Passion -- your work matters. Your features matter. You care and give your all.
- Grit -- sometimes solutions take creative thinking and multiple iterations. You try many different approaches the right answer.
- Collaborative -- the best PMs are not necessarily those with the best ideas, but those that ensure the right thing gets done.
- Selfless -- Product Management is about making sure the best work gets done by the team, and making sure they share in the credit.
- Empathy -- As a PM you are the voice of the customer and need to represent them from a position of deep understanding.
- Entrepreneur -- as a PM you need to get out there and convince others of your ideas
- Excellent communication/presentation skills both in large and small groups.
- A sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects
- Ability to solve complex, technical problems with creative solutions while managing tradeoffs
- Strong interest in what computing can do -- a passion for technology and how to apply that to problems of massive scale
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.