Senior Product Manager, Fleet Management at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 9, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
Convoy Go is a drop & hook marketplace that allows any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. to start hauling pre-loaded trailers -- and to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers. Drop & hook shipments (pre-loaded trailers) currently represent the majority of Fortune 500 company shipments. To date, most of these shipments have been serviced by large asset-based carriers. Convoy Go enables any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. using the Convoy app to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers, in terms of fleet utilization, service levels and access to shipments. With its drop & hook marketplace, Convoy Go creates a seamless “grab and go” system, where carriers simply bring their power unit (a truck’s engine and cab), pick up a pre-loaded trailer, and hit the road. To accomplish this, Convoy Go leverages its Universal Trailer Pool, a nationwide pool of Convoy-managed trailers that can be used by any driver in Convoy’s network, with no rental fees. Learn more about Convoy Go here.
We are looking for a Product Manager with experience building software for functional & productive use by users in an Operations environment. This PM will own building the infrastructure, tools and services to manage Convoy’s Fleet of physical assets to support our Convoy Go program (https://convoy.com/drop-and-hook/). The candidate will have to build product features that enable us to maximize the degrees of freedom of our physical assets in Convoy’s transportation network balanced with asset utilization and operations costs.
This role caters to three user groups: a) Shipper Facilities that will use our assets, b) Truck drivers that will haul the assets, and c) Internal operations teams that will manage the day to day of the assets. The candidate needs to be comfortable interacting with very different types of users that have different sizes and sophistication (from large and sophisticated users to small trucking companies of 1 person) and interact with using different technology (truck drivers use mobile, shippers in person or web based, and internal teams via internal tools).
To achieve your objectives, you will be partnering with a team of engineers, designers, data scientists, operations and other product organizations. The solutions that the PM will drive require influence and managing software development, but also hardware as we need to use IoT technology to monitor and manage our asset fleets remotely.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for Convoy Go Asset management.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- PM experience: 4+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing. Comfortable writing own SQL and comfortable understanding ML.
- Customer oriented: Works backward from the customer and understands needs. Can generate empathy with consumer and business customers.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in 2 sided marketplaces (ads, e-commerce, etc).
- Experience in Transportation Tech.
- Experience in IoT and intersection between hardware & software.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!