Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Understanding the location of our loads and assets is a foundational capability that enables everything we do. As the leader of our location platform, you will own the strategy and implementation of our location acquisition strategy and mapping solutions. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the data collected and the innovation of how we can use the data to deliver world-class service to our shippers and carriers. To achieve this goal, you’ll lead a cross-functional team of engineering, data science and operational research, design, and marketing.
- The overall strategy, roadmap, and technology stack that Convoy uses to acquire, use, and display location based information.
- Leading a team of engineers and data scientists in researching and delivering a world-class real-time visibility and location based value-add services.
- Solicit and prioritize the needs of our shippers, carriers, and other internal product teams.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical and research teams.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in location acquisition and analysis is strongly preferred.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!