Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Product manager on the Shipper Experience team you will partner with multiple organizations to build a best-in-class shipper platform to book, manage and plan freight for shippers. You will do this by developing new features and capabilities and enabling teams across Convoy to build features and capabilities for the Convoy Website. This will require you to partner with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering to envision, launch and scale these offerings to fulfill unmet customer needs. Strong communication, ability to think big, platform initiatives, technical aptitude, and the ability to influence across the company to create world-class experiences for our customers are a must.
We’re looking for someone who has:You will:
- Strategy: You will identify and answer key strategy questions, and drive alignment with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for this line of business, and work with shippers and internal teams.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments.
- Cross functional partnership: Partner with sales, account management, and product & engineering teams to understand market and customer nuances, deliver outstanding business performance and extend a platform for other teams to build on top.
- 6-8 years leading a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Measuring success amidst ambiguity: Structuring the problem, defining roadmap & metrics, running experiments, and testing.
- Customer oriented: Works backward from the customer and understands needs. Can generate empathy with consumer and business customers.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics and running experiments and testing. Comfortable writing own SQL and understanding ML concepts.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!