Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
As Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety, your goal is to make legitimate Rover users and their 4-legged friends as safe as possible. As an internal expert on marketplaces and risk, you have a deep understanding of Rover’s customers and anything that could negatively impact their experience or perception. You will be responsible for setting Rover's strategy and goals and targets to improve user trust of the platform and to reduce risk for all legitimate users and their pets. You will partner closely with the Operations team to scale internal processes and make sure they have the right tools and technologies, and will lead a team of engineers to build (and integrate) tools and features to prevent incidents and to increase customer trust and customer safety on the platform.
This role will focus on three things
1. Developing and implementing a risk framework for all actors and actions on Rover’s platform.
2. Defining a roadmap and executing features, tools, and initiatives to improve trust and reduce risk for Rover.
3. Collaborating cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Data Science, Legal, and PR to enable prevention and mitigation of trust and safety incidents.
- 5+ years of Product management experience, with 8+ years of tech industry experience.
- 2+ years driving product-focused Trust & Safety initiatives at an online marketplace, social network, or other relevant product with millions of users.
- Familiarity with risk frameworks and the latest innovations in identity technology.
- Experience assessing, negotiating, implementing, and managing external vendor relationships; direct experience with different identity and fraud vendors a plus.
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Why we'll hire you:
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You are scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Competitive salary & benefits depending on experience. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.