Senior Product Manager at OpenMarket
We've got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We're leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun. The world's biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers' lives easier. It's this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We're seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team, so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
Our product owners define market requirements, product strategy, specification of service features and capabilities, and drive the timely delivery of new products - ranging from SMS, MMS, RCS and other solutions. We need someone to excel in capturing and analyzing customer needs, applying core product development principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
In this role, you will up-level our platform quality-of-service, delivering features to our customers that give them greater control over their messages as they traverse our network on their way to their consumers. Delighting our customers, both internal and external with tools that create openness and accuracy around send rate and deliverability, further establishing OpenMarket as the market leader in message delivery at scale.
What You'll Be Doing
- Improving Customer Experience and Developing Relationships: Prioritizing our Customers above all by working directly with them as well as our Sales and Account Management teams to continually represent and improve the product.
- Roadmap Planning: Craft comprehensive product plans, which define customer and market requirements, establish the objectives, strategies, and actions needed to achieve our customer's goals.
- Requirements Specification: We work closely with our service delivery teams to prioritize and handle the scope of each product release to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget, while balancing the needs of all other organizations.
- Delivery and Message Systems: Our product managers are visionaries for how the OpenMarket platform will evolve, and you will continue to build our mobile messaging capabilities for our products on a global scale.
- Competitive Analysis: Other OMies (OpenMarket Employees) look to the product owner to provide market knowledge and how we position our products in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Cross-Team Leadership: We work with our Engineering teams to develop requirements definition and release planning as well as leading and coordinating product launches across the organizations.
What to Bring
- 3-5 years technical product management experience for Enterprise SaaS products, or 5+ years in a software engineering type capacity.
- 2-3 years mobile messaging experience, knowledge of services like SMS, MMS, and emerging RCS.
- 3+ years of product ownership experience in an online, enterprise SaaS product. You know how information security, high availability and other typical online SaaS product features benefit enterprise customers.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and are comfortable describing technical concepts and capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol, and what typical integration scenarios with customer applications look like: API requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication.
Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
Relevant Scrum certification, or equivalent experience.
MBA highly desirable.
You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world's top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.