Love Manga or Comics? Interested in creating a great customer experience for Amazon’s Japan Manga Books business? The JP Manga Books business focuses on creating a great customer experience for Manga fans to discover, acquire and read digital and physical Manga.
We are looking for a product leader in NYC or Seattle with experience managing complex products from concept to completion on time. You will collaborate with multiple teams across Amazon and work with Product/UX/Business/Technical teams to create a great user experience while staying on the cutting edge of new features and technology. We are looking for an innovative Sr. Product Manager who will be responsible for delighting customers and growing JP Manga Books.
A successful candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The candidate will not only develop and drive high-level initiatives, but can also roll up their sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
· Partner and work closely with business owners, engineers, designers, and stakeholders to set the vision, define the product requirements, create the roadmap, and establish measures of success
· Drive and deliver these experiences to market, finding creative ways to ship fast, iterate, and learn as you go
· Learn from customer feedback, user research, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time
· Engage with internal and external stakeholders to evangelize and create buy-in for your vision
· Bachelors' degree or appropriate work experience
· 5+ years of consumer facing product management experience
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience working with design and engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executive staff
· Passion for digital products, media, and reading
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities, work through ambiguous challenges, and excel in a lean work environment
· Experience working in Japanese and/or working with the Japan market
· Comfortable with international travel and working across timezones
· MBA or advanced degree in a related field
· Fan of Manga!!!