Senior Technical Product Manager, Environment at Unity Technologies
As the Senior Technical Product Manager, Environment at Unity, you will be responsible for the product management effort focused on Terrain and Environment content creation. You will have the opportunity to work with our Research and Development organization to create best in class rendering solutions, tools, and services designed to help our users build stunning worlds. Collaborate with the world's leading game developers to enable the next generation in games. Work with our marketing team to help craft communications plans that inspire our global developer community to get the most out of each new offering. Join Unity and help us empower artists to create amazing digital environments.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, Sherman, the Book of the Dead, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from GDC 2019, E3 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018, Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing, Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline, Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph, Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph, and so much more! Unity graphics team are also frequent speakers at SIGGRAPH Advances in Real-Time Rendering and Open Problems in Real-Time Rendering yearly courses.
- Ensure we are listening to developers’ needs and translate them into feature requirements that empower our users to make world-class content that maximizes performance while making production easier
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape in real time environment technology, tooling, and best practices and provide those insights to internal teams within Unity
- Work closely with major game development studios, including AAA console developers and leading mobile developers, to both discover new user needs and validate our solutions with them
- Partner with the technology teams driving Unity’s adoption in new markets including Film & TV, Automotive, Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- Collaborate closely with Unity’s platform teams including Mobile, Console, PC, and Web to map out current and future platform requirements
- Work together with our Engineering, Program Management, Product Design and Product Marketing teams to develop plans for our environment creation solution which includes planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case for new and existing verticals, and help execute the go-to-market release
- Product management experience in a leading gaming or platform development business
- Experience successfully developing and guiding new product feature delivery, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements through to successful launch
- Experience with Unity, Unreal Engine, or any proprietary game engine
- Have the ability to build a business case around a product or service
- Excellent product management, communication, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience using a real-time engine to create environments
- A solid understanding of modern techniques used to develop software at scale
- History of working in User Experience focused roles
- Experience and understanding of graphics pipeline, graphics platform APIs, shaders, real-time, 3D rendering, and environment tooling in game engines
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.