Support Program Manager
The Support Product Manager will be responsible for understanding how the Outreach product impacts our customers and act as a liaison between the customer and customer facing teams and the Outreach Product and Engineering teams. In the day-to-day they will track and prioritize bugs, help with release management communication to support, manage and trend customer enhancement request and assist in tracking customer escalations. This person is a self-starter with a strong sense of customer empathy and urgency. They are organized, appreciate process and communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
About The Team
When the question is asked, “what kind of company are you?” our answer will always be, “we are a success company - we are here to make our customers successful.” The Customer Success team is at the core of Outreach. We focus on driving real business impact for customers, not just supporting the technical specs of our product. We're one of the largest teams at Outreach and we work to connect cross-functional stakeholders from product, marketing, and even engineering with customers. The ownership is tangible on this team - our customers' pain is our pain and their win is our win.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Coordinate with Support training and tech writers to ensure the successful release of new product features
- Trend feedback and assess customer impact in regards to key Outreach features
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to support enhancement request process
- Track key deliverables from engineering and ensure timely customer and company communication
- Oversee escalations and communication in regards to bugs and collaborate with engineering to ensure timely resolution
- Drive overall program enhancement to improve automation of trending, priority and reporting
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Product, Program or Project Management role
- Bachelor’s degree or deep, relevant equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, cross-functional work streams.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Client-focused attitude — a customer advocate.
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of packaged application software implementation practices.
- Sought out by client facing teams as an expert in managing difficult/complex client situations
- Excel in logical problem solving and communication skills, particularly when confronted with time-sensitive issues that require immediate decisions
- Must have ability to work and communicate effectively with both internal and external executives
- Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship building skills excelling in effective and persuasive presentation of concepts across many communication settings
- Proactive self-starter with a client-focused attitude / DNA
- A strong sense of urgency and dedication to customers: you're constantly seeking a win-win resolution for your customer and for Outreach
- Immense passion about customer success and satisfaction
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills: you know how to work with individuals with differing priorities and you can persuade them to work towards a common goal
- Relevant technical background, with the logical ability to troubleshoot complex issues with many moving parts
- Strong leadership and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate other engineers and customers about complex technology in a simple way.
- Understanding of technical terms (infrastructure, integrations)
- Basic understanding of product life cycle and release schedules
- Demonstrated considerable understanding of Outreach solutions, company structure and customer success
- Experience documenting bugs and testing software
- Knowledge of Sales Processes such as Lead Generation, Pipeline Management and KPIs
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Unlimited PTO (and people actually use it!)
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description